The search for the winners of the coveted Gems of Digital India Awards 2019 has begun. This is the third season of the Gems of Digital India Awards and a few more path breaking and innovative digital governance initiatives shall join the league of 92 past winners.
We are at the crucial juncture of the New India story unfolding and there is a serious need to catalyse certain essentials with Digital. Our analysts have zeroed upon Future Essentials for Reimagining India.
Are You a Gem? Get Discovered!
1. Eradicating Micro Corruption – how can digital build a mechanism that empowers common citizens to report cases of micro corruption and mal-practices around them. In the past we have identified initiatives such as citizen apps for ‘Meri Sadak’ and ‘PUDA UCC’ that allow citizens to be report incidents of bad roads or illegal construction. Initiatives aimed at building security mechanisms that deters local mal practices will also fall under this.
2. Taking Government to the Citizen’s Doorsteps – how can digital create capacity for the government services to be provided at or as close as possible to the citizen’s doorsteps. This includes initiatives related to portability, deeper penetration of kiosks or service centers and online service delivery. The ‘National Voters Service Portal’ is a great example how citizens can avail various ‘election’ related information and services at home.
3. Protecting and Assuring – how digital can enable services that can protect citizens’ rights or assure them of their rights e.g. ‘digital enabled authentication’ or ‘Direct Benefits Scheme’.
4. Unleashing Human Potential – how can digital support individuals to fulfill their aspirations and meet their goals, e.g. ‘Kanyashri Prakalp’ helps girls or ‘Saksham’ helps students get educated and skilled for a better future.
5. Ensuring Sustainability – how digital can help us save our natural resources and sustain the ecology for a better future. Swachh Bharat Mission App is a great example towards that.
Needless to say that like the past two seasons, this year too it will be much more than celebrating the success of the initiatives that support the five essentials. There will be a serious debate that will be sparked around the path ahead for Digital India.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING ABOUT AN INNOVATIVE AND IMPACTFUL INITIATIVE THAT YOU MAY HAVE TAKEN. IF OUR ANALYSTS FIND IT WORTHY, IT WILL BE INCLUDED IN THEIR SHORTLIST OF WINNERS. THE FINAL WINNERS WILL HOWEVER BE DECIDED BY A JURY PROCESS.
Click here to provide your project details.
Brief and to the point submissions with clear data shall be preferred.
Are You a Gem? Get Discovered and Feature in our Innovative Appzine!